Thursday, July 30, 2009

What do I need to learn to be a top notch Web Developer?

I'm very interested in the web development field and I've been researching HTML, DHTML, XHTML, XML, ASP, CSS and some other technologies but I'm not sure which are the best for when I graduate college.





My question, to clarify, is what technologies should I really beef up in order to be marketable as an atleast Junior Web Developer upon graduation?





I just have one problem, my school does not have a web development track so I am tacking the programming track and learning COBOL, Java, C++ and some VB...





Thanks for any suggestions!





OH, and as I side note, I'm very interested in Java techs like JSP and such so I may want to emphasize those skills.

What do I need to learn to be a top notch Web Developer?
My suggestion is that you learn at least one web programming language. (ASP/ColdFusion/PHP,etc.), Learn how yo connect your pages to databases such as Access or SQL, learn how to use javascript for menu building and client-side error checking, and get in with a decent web designer. You will also want to be familiar with CSS and how to manage and edit domain name registrars. You should also know how Flash works and how to integrate. To be honest with you, NOTHING takes the place of real world experience but at least being familiar with these things will get you foot in the door a s JR. web guy. Good Luck.
Reply:Consider the page your question appears on uses HTML, DHTML, XML, AND CSS.





Doesn't use XHTML because html and xhtml are mutually exclusive.





Page must also use backend programming though I doubt asp since thats for MS Windows


No comments:

Post a Comment