Thursday, July 30, 2009

Data structure?

I am an amateur computer programmer, and I am currently developing a database application, implemented in C, in order to store information about books I have borrowed from different sources (I am a heavy borrower).





I need the info. to be stored in a custom hash table which I have created, but this is not the problem....


My problem is storing the information from memory onto hard-drive.


Is it possible to store the entire data structure in binary form? if so, HOW??


Or, would it be feasible (in terms of processing speed) - to convert the entire data structure into a mediatory markup like XML - and store the XML as a text file?


PLEASE HELP!!

Data structure?
C is a low level programming language, not used mainly for data clusters; you should use in an interpretative language, like Python, because it could be used as a script.





XML is used to carry data at a greater speed; and it will be far more reliable than implementing C, with less maintenance.


No comments:

Post a Comment